It’s hard to believe that the end of Q2 2021 marks the halfway mark of 2021. It appears the tech ecosystem in Atlantic Canada continues to be firing on all cylinders.
After all, it isn’t every quarter that $150m+ of financings are announced!
The headlines are plentiful of record-breaking fundraises in the region and rumours of more to come… Consequently, these fundraises are translating into huge employment gains in the region. The number of jobs increased by about 926, bringing the number of employed by the sector to 11,716. Over the past two quarters, startups in the region have created a total of 1,185 net new jobs.
Of the companies that I’m tracking 38% hired employees, 43% had no change and 19% had less staff over the past quarter. In addition, startups at the top of the list have been smashing previous quarterly hiring records.
There was some big news out of the region in Q2 2021:
- Regional News:
- Funding Announcements:
- Introhive announces $100m financing round
- Cape Privacy raises $20m USD round
- BDC backs SmartSkin with $10.7m round
- Arcturus raises $5m USD round
- Milk Moovement closes $4m round
- QRA closes $3m USD round
- S2G Backs ReelData with $2.5m
- Anessa closes funding round
- CBCF backs Liferaft Again
- Audioptics closes $1.9m round
- Riddl raises $1.3m
- Tenera raises $750k
- Habit Forming Tech raises $500k
- GoAhead invests in MetricsFlow
- Sandpiper backs Denova
- PEI’s Sentry closes Series A round
We release job creation data each quarter for Atlantic Canada. If you’d like to receive future job data from the industry, please subscribe to our newsletter, by clicking here.
Top Tech Atlantic Canadian Employers in Q2 2021
Sorted by net new job creation
IntroHive, New Brunswick
CarbonCure, Nova Scotia
Dash Hudson, Nova Scotia
Sonrai, New Brunswick
Proposify, Nova Scotia
Milk Moovement, Nova Scotia / Newfoundland
Protocase, Nova Scotia